Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012....wwhhhhaaattt???





Well another year has gone by...No resolutions, because lets face it...I am horrible at keeping them. No weight loss, no job helping to save the world, no paint job in my living room.

Currently I am feeling a little down on myself for no changes. I don't like change, I don't like feeling like a failure when I don't follow through with something. This year, I am going to try and just LIVE. Be the best person I can be each day, make small goals I know I can do to build up my self confidence that I can do things that scare me, bring my art back and not care what everyone else thinks of it.

I hope you are around for these items. I will do 12 monthly goals, one for each month. Might be a new recipe, a new place to visit or buying a stupid mirror for our downstairs bathroom that we can't seem to find cause we are too picky.

I will post these as soon as I figure them out...cause I am procrastinator and I don't mind it.

I did "borrow" this from the lovely Jamie at Inspired Mess. It will go over a little what happened in my life last year.

1. What's the best thing that happened in 2011? We got engaged (for the 2nd time) in Austin over Valentine's weekend. We rekindled our relationship and continue to work on it everyday. I got to go to Montana for a family reunion.

2. What was the most difficult thing? We went through an extreme rough patch and I thought the engagement was off. I lost/left my amazing job to go to one that makes me sad and still trying to find a new one. I came off depression/anxiety medicine for the first time in 3 years and am struggling with life sometimes being hard.
3. What 3 words would you use to describe your 2011? learning, exhausted and hopeful.
4. What were the best books you read? The Hunger Games trilogy. I kinda have an obsession now and want to get a arrow tattoo and learn archary.
5. What was your favorite movie you watched? The Help, but it still wasn't as awesome as the book.
6. How did you change/grow during the year? I have learned that I can't pretend that life is ok and do whatever I want. Sometimes we wish life was all glitter and parties. Sometimes we want to stay in our beds all day and wish the world would disappear just so we don't have to face it. It is a hard realization when you have to grow up to a certain point and suck it up.
7. What was your favorite new discovery? Jillian Michaels' podcast. She is awesome and sometime I hope to meet her and make her proud.
8. Did you have a word or phrase of the year? How did you fulfill your word or phrase? Nope, other than Treat people how you want to be treated. But I have learned that sometimes you need to stop caring so much when people don't give a shit about you. I am awesome and will do great things...now i just have to figure out what those great things are. Is professional cookie eater an option?
 
 
Happy New Year my friends! Be the best you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment